(Main: FailedJarl78349)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes I do, it is FJ#4501

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Time

Describe your activity on the server:
The amount of time I spend on the server depends on what is happening in my real life. I have many real life-commitments, so it varies from 1.5-8 hours nearly every day.
(some days on my main acc, and some on RegalHarp1989)

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No, I have not.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I understand. I will try to be as active as possible.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A librarian is someone who feels a passion towards helping the youth of our society learn from books and reading, and enjoys watching them grow and age from afar. They tend to create strong relationships with the students, even if the students don’t know it. A librarian is someone who appreciates watching students get sucked into other realities, escaping their own, a librarian is someone who can tell if there’s something wrong in a student’s life due to the books they read, and the way they read it.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been a member of SchoolRP for 8 and a half months now. I have 5 characters, each of them having their own type of chaotic demeanour they possess. I can do DetailRP’s when needed, and know the basics of how to get minors/majors. I tend to not use the minors/majors very often, in fear of my characters’ loss of vital body parts. I can roleplay well, with character development and creating relationships.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Duc | Vietnamese Application [Pending]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

RegalHarp1989 [Grade-8]
FailedJarl78349 [Grade-12]

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
The first thing Duc would do is ignore the child, taking a mental note that he would write up the student after they left. If the child carried on with cursing at Duc, he would glare at the child and ask what it was he was doing wrong that the student did not like. If the student’s answer was a reasonable reason to be upset Duc would tell the student that he will try his hardest to fix the flaw.
If the student’s answer was something unreasonable to be upset about, Duc would tell the student that if Duc was cursing at one of his teachers when he was the student’s age, that Duc would have been expelled already, and that the student is lucky to be at a school and time where they give second chances as a warning, and would lightly push the student aside.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Duc would immediately run over to the two students and push them away from each other lightly. He’d stand between the two and would quickly look at them, searching for anything that might require a nurse. If both of them needed a nurse, Duc would bring them to the nurse. If only one needed a nurse, he’d hand out a detention slip to the other, take the one that needed a nurse to the nurse’s office and after the student felt okay, Duc would hand them a detention slip. If neither were hurt, he would ask them why they were fighting. No matter what the students said, Duc would hand out a detention slip to each of them, as they were both responsible for punching the other.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Duc would walk over to the coworker and ask them what they thought they were doing and would tell them to immediately stop before they got fired. If the coworker still continued acting this way, Duc would walk away, sighing in disbelief.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Duc would always walk into the break room with a neutral expression and earbuds in his ear. He’d take a seat on a chair and would review student book submissions while humming Taylor Swift and an occasional Conan Gray and sipping on a juice box. Once he was finished with his reviewing session, he’d grab something to eat and quietly sing to Taylor Swift and Conan Gray. If there was another staff member in the room that was watching him, he would ask them if they wanted to join the singing. If they said yes, Duc would take out his earbuds, and play Taylor Swift out loud, but still quiet enough so it wouldn’t bother anybody else in the room. He would sing to Taylor Swift with the other staff member. After a few songs, Duc would attempt to have a chat with the person he was singing with.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me would take the student’s library card, he’d look at it, and scan it. He’d walk over to the filing cabinet and open it up, he’d brush his fingertips against the spine of the book before taking it out of the drawer lightly, looking at each side of it carefully. He would walk back over to the student at the desk and hand them the book and library card with a smile on his face.

/me would gingerly smile and politely wave at the student afront him, greeting them kindly, he would take his phone from his own hand and lightly slide it into his pocket, looking up from it to look at the student.

/me would smile and nod at the student as they walked off. As he was about to take a seat, he'd notice a couple students raising their voices. He’d sigh as he stood up and made his way to the students and looked at them with a stern face. “Excuse me, is there an issue? Does somebody want detention?” He'd listen to the student's explanations and nod. Solving the issue, he'd smile and stroll back to his station, alert and ready.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):
Duc Jouh

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr

Preferred Name:
Duc

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
N/A

Marital Status:
Single

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Library Sciences

Minors:
Literary Studies, Japanese

Nationality:
Vietnamese

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

Native Languages:
Vietnamese

Other Languages:
Japanese

Backstory:
Duc Quang Jouh was born in Vietnam where he learned Vietnamese from his parents. He went to a strict private school when he was 5. He got straight A’s, and his parents were proud of him. His parents sent him to Piano lessons twice a week, and taught him how to make traditional Vietnamese food. Duc wasn’t the best at making most of the foods, and his parents let him know that. The one thing he would make wondrously, though, was Phở. Duc would watch his parents whenever they made Phở and would take notes, so he could make the exact recipe. Once Duc mastered Phở, all of his family would come over to taste the best Phở ever made by a 6 year old.
When Duc was 7, his little brother, Felix was born. After Felix’s birth, Duc’s mother died soon after.. His father didn’t care much about his sons and trusted Duc enough to treat Felix well enough, I mean, if he could make Phở, he could shape a child… right?
Felix was sent to the orphanage, while Duc was sent to his uncle Tuyôn’s place. Duc begged Tuyôn to let Felix stay with them, but Tuyôn refused. Duc would visit Felix once a week. Felix got along well with other children, and made friends. Duc still went to the same private school and still got straight A’s. When Duc was 19 and going to college, Felix ran away.. He went to Karakura, Japan, and didn’t come back for 6 years..
Tuyôn didn’t like doctors, and didn’t want Duc to be a doctor. He let Duc choose whatever he wanted in college, unless it had to do with doctors. Duc took a major in Library Sciences and a Minor in Japanese, intending to be a librarian at the school his brother had been attending. The truth is, Felix left Duc a note that he was leaving, and told him he was at Karakura, knowing that Duc would come looking for him there.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
My little brother, Felix attends Karakura High School after running away from home and boating to Karakura, Japan. I love my brother, so I decided to be at the place I knew my brother would be spending his time, the Karakura School Library. I adore books almost as much as I love my brother, and being a librarian for my brother’s school seemed like the perfect job.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I am a kind and unique person that really only wants the best for my brother. I love my brother and want the future of Karakura to be able to read well and comprehend well. Reading and writing are my two biggest passions, and I believe if I am a Librarian for Karakura High School, I will be able to inspire KHS Students to read more, and to write more. I have many experiences that I’ve gone through and those experiences have helped me grow and learn as a person. My parents made a strong relationship with me, and when that relationship was the closest it could’ve been, they left me. I had my brother, we loved each other.. And he left me as well.. I’ve learned from this that all good things must come to an end, and you can’t take your happiness for granted or else your heaven will become your hell. I’ve learned to be grateful for my existence and all the good I have in my life.

Additional notes about your application:

The Backstory will not match up with the Vietnamese Application, as Felix Jouh is 18 and Duc Jouh is 14, if this gets accepted, Duc will be older than Felix.

Do you have any questions?:

No.​

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position but unfortunately, I'll be denying this application.
- We don't have any librarian slots open at the moment
- Compared with the other applicants I've chosen to deny this application, feel free to re-apply at anytime​

Users who are viewing this thread