players online

KARAKURA NEWS | Church Updates

The FJ

Level 94
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
Karakura Church Updates
Hey, Karakura! My name’s Ahiro Nakatani Akori; I’m a new reporter here at KaNews. I’m 26 years old, so I’m super hip and stuff. Today, I’ll be reporting on a topic that I typically wouldn’t: the church.

As some citizens may have noticed, the church, found nearby Ochiba Forest, has changed its look entirely. The old church was plainly shaped, but colourful. Now, the church stands as a white steeple structure. I got a chance to take a look inside and have noticed new amenities within, including: a classroom, balcony seating, updated confessional booth, an organ, a podium, an altar, and a staff meeting room.
Currently, the amount of crosses at our church has doubled. Beforehand, there was one cross inside, and one outside. Post-redesign, there’s three outside and one, insanely enlarged, inside. Most of the outdoor crosses have also increased severely in size. The reason for this? It could be the growing archdiocese community in Karakura, with the rise of the organisation AoK (Archdiocese of Karakura). However, it may just be for symmetricality reasons, and to make the church more appealing to the eyes. Given that the church has been described as “open religion” (meaning that citizens are welcome to use the church to practise whatever religion they’d like within it), the crosses could have been added and increased to help more people feel more welcome. Whatever the reason, it seems to not be making much of a difference, at least to the citizens.

Not only was the church redesigned, the graves beside it were replaced. Currently, they stand packed together like the town square of an overpopulated city filled with corpses. Some of the graves appear to be shared between two spirits, forced to rest together eternally. While yes, these graves may be more “aesthetic“ when looking at all of them at once, it gives the passed less independence. Adding onto this, there aren’t even that many dead being buried. Most are just… in the morgue.

Before

After
With the revamp of the church, there’s a possibility that we, the community, will be given more events taking place at the church. Currently, the main events that are held here are weddings and funerals, perhaps now we will have a church social, or a congregation of the sorts. How could this new look bring more people to be in touch with their own spirituality? I believe that with this new and breathtaking exterior, many will want to at least take a look inside, just like myself. However, I find it strange that there was no grand re-opening if this was the goal.

In all, the church and graveyard’s updates were definitely needed, and there’s always room for improvement, but it’s still all pretty good!

Do you have something you'd like to report or be reported on?
Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487 or message us on Onrain @KaNews

ErikFinster

Level 120
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Yes, as always, all articles that deal with property development are my absolute favorites! Very well rounded look at the new church building! A personal and informal take on the recent renovations! Informative and detailed. And you reflect on the broader implications of this update! Very well done!

5SHU

Level 104
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
just tryna convince u into their religion
No it’s just the weird way they do it and then when I say no multiple times they bring it oocly then ask “why?” Then what I do is log yes log off I log off because it’s not called a retreat it’s called a tactical retreat

-kam

Level 83
No it’s just the weird way they do it and then when I say no multiple times they bring it oocly then ask “why?” Then what I do is log yes log off I log off because it’s not called a retreat it’s called a tactical retreat
erm bro i- i have no words for u atp youre just wrong in so many ways

Users who are viewing this thread